First, Do No Harm.
Perhaps just as important as what we do is what we don’t do. Sometimes, what makes us different is what we opt out of rather than into.
We don’t do:
- “Technical” analysis.
- “Momentum” investing.
- Investing in heavy cyclical companies with unstable earnings and high capital-intensity.
- “Sector rotation”.
- Reliance on macroeconomic models, forecasts, or “black box” models.
- Borrowing funds to buy on margin.
- Use of derivatives or options.
- Add investments with poor prospects for the sake of greater diversification.